PEEK material (polyetheretherketone) is a high-performance semi-crystalline engineering thermoplastic with outstanding harsh chemical resistance, very low moisture uptake, good fire performance, excellent mechanical strength across a broad temperature range, and good dimensional stability. The crystalline nature of PEEK contributes to its outstanding properties.
PEEK plastic is tough, strong, and rigid, with superior creep resistance, and is excellent for applications where thermal, chemical, and combustion properties are critical to performance. PEEK material retains its stiffness and strength for use in harsh high-pressure and high-temperature (HPHT) environments.PEEK has proven creep and extrusion resistance at temperatures above 350˚F (177˚C).
YB plastic was the one of the earliest company to use PEEK material to withstand the harsh conditions of many oilfield applications. PEEK is often used as the body for electrical connectors to minimize thermal expansion, provide chemical resistance, and to promote effective sealing. YB plastic also uses PEEK materials for a variety of sealing system components, as well as sensor housings and numerous high-performance applications in aircraft engines and other demanding environments.
Features & Benefits
• Used for non-pressure-rated contact blocks
• Meets MIL-P-46183, Type 1
• Low extractables
• Good dimensional stability
• Good wear properties
• Excellent fire properties (low smoke/flammability,self-extinguishing)
• Good toughness/impact performance
• Service temperature range: -65°F (-54°C) to +500°F (260°C)
• Excellent chemical capability; excellent chemical resistance to all aerospace fluids
• Certified to ISO 23936/NORSOK M-710 for high sour fluid aging
• Virgin PEEK
• Sealing components
• Back-up rings, wear rings, and bushings
• CMP retainer rings
• Engine build-up components (brackets, cable clamps)
• Valve components
• Thermal/electrical insulators
• Transformer housings
• Wafer handling robot end effector pads